- Starting point
- What is INCITEMENT?
- Organizer responsibilities
- Event types
- INCITEMENT Manifesto
- Application types
- INCITEMENT license agreement
- Apply for a license
- Branding & Promotion
- Programme & Content
- Speakers & Event Theme
- Team & Volunteers
- Partners & Sponsors
- Photography & Video
- Project Pie
- Ask us anything
#incitement #theincitement #incitement(EventName)
No need captioning the obvious. Social media is a very powerful tool to use when it comes to reaching out to the masses, and we highly recommend you use the following channels to create engagement with your community:
FacebookCreating a Facebook page is a must! It’s one of the best communication platforms for you to express and share with friends and potential attendees. Below are suggestions on how you can engage the online community on Facebook:
TwitterYou can also choose to use Twitter and keep your attendees in the loop with shortly timed updates. Below are suggestions on how you can engage the online community on Twitter:
InstagramInstagram is a great way to great platform to share photographs and videos. Post live updates leading up to your event, during your event and after your event. You can also share you instagram photos and videos directly to Facebook and twitter.
- Invite your friends and ask your friends to invite their friends to ‘like’ your INCITEMENT Event Fanpage and invite them to the event, too.
- Announce your speakers as you confirm them. Tag the speakers and get the audience to engage with them before.
- Post photos before, during, and after the event. Create a photo album of your INCITEMENT event on the fanpage and share the photo album link to the events page for people to see and share.
- Share other INCITEMENT stories, events, articles, videos, and other content from other INCITEMENT events around the world. This will diversify the impact and help educate your audience about what INCITEMENT is.
- Announce your speakers as you confirm them. Tag the speakers and get the audience to engage with them before. Also ask your speakers to share with their network. Be clever about marketing your event ;-)
- When videos of your INCITEMENT event are ready ,and your speakers video are ready, share them on your fanpage, and event page, too.
- You ought want to get a conversation going, and ask questions or posting polls is a great way to engage your audience online. People love to be a part of something. Give them that opportunity.
- Try to use your event logo as your photo so when you tweet, the photo shows up on your followers homepage.
- Post about any urgent updates, speaker announcements, any exciting updates to share.
- Why not get a conversation going on Twitter? Get more ‘Inciters’ to retweet and share their content, opinion and thoughts.
- Hashtags are super crucial in the “twittersphere.” Create a hashtag for your event and use it regularly. For example: #IN(EventName), #iamincited, #incitement
- Do a live tweet in documenting the INCITEMENT experience, talks, etc., and share quotes that may create a buzz on twitter. Remember to always end your tweets with hashtags.
Remember the rules:
- Promoting your partners & sponsors on any social media channels is not allowed.
- When creating your online profile make sure to use the correct ‘About’ description.
- Always use your full INCITEMENT(EventName) (never just INCITEMENT)
- For profile pictures, make sure to use the correct INCITEMENT logo